Terms and Conditions
Driftwood Retreat and Eco Tours Limited (“the Operator”).
Thank you for choosing to tour with us and enjoy our unique environment. For your and fellow passengers comfort, safety and enjoyment please be aware of our Terms and Conditions.
- All activities including those in which you (“I” and “you” “the customer”) have booked to engage (“the activities”) do carry a degree of risk and by participating in the activities provided by the Operator you are expressly assuming those risks personally and to the maximum extent permitted by law you release the Operator and its officers and employees from any liability, claims, losses, damages or expenses caused by any event including but not limited to:
- Personal injury or death;
- Property loss or damage;
- Acts which may be construed as negligent or accidental;
- Any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder.
In participating in the activity, I, the customer, agree to the conditions set out in A and B as above and consent to the Terms and Conditions set out below.
(a) I agree that my successors, executors, administrators and next-of-kin are bound by the Terms and Conditions;
(b) I agree not to commence any litigation or proceedings in any country in relation to the risks and perils I put myself at and to indemnify the Operator against any such claim;
(c) I confirm that I am physically fit and suffer from no medical conditions which may be aggravated by the activity;
(d) I consent to receive medical treatment in the case of injury, or illness during the activity and to indemnify the Operator against any claims in respect of that treatment;
(e) I agree that any films, sound, video or other records taken of or during the activity will not be used in any promotion or advertising without the prior consent of the Operator, however the Operator may use such recordings itself at its complete discretion without any prior approval from the customer;
(f) I agree to listen to my guide, host, skipper or boat staff, follow their instructions and make sure any children in my care do the same.
- The Operator accepts no responsibility for any loss or additional expenses arising from changes, delays or cancellations of the services and activities of the Operator.
- The Operator recommends that all customers have up-to-date travel insurance arrangements in case of unforeseen circumstances.
- Payment: If paying by credit card, the name that will appear on the cardholder’s statement will be “Driftwood Eco Tours”. All prices on this website are quoted in New Zealand dollars and include GST. There will be a fee of 3.5% for processing a visa payment.
- Bookings: Advance bookings are essential for all our Kayak trips. To confirm your reservation full payment must be received.
- Changes to Booking: Please contact us as soon as possible if you need to change a booking. We will do our best to meet your needs. However we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee if any part of the activity is cancelled.
- The operator reserves the right to cancel, postpone & alter the content and duration of a tour at any time for any reason. This is to ensure the safety and comfort of the entire tour party.
- Every participant is required to fill out a risk release form before the tour and disclose any relevant health issues prior to departure.
If a cancellation is made within 14 days of arrival day, loss of 10% of the total booking price. If a cancellation is made within 7 days of arrival day, loss of 50% of the total booking price. If a cancellation is made within 1 day of arrival day, loss of 100% of the total booking price.
Blenheim and surrounding area is free of charge.
Picton or Havelock $35 each way 1-10 people.
Last updated: 12-9-2017
Driftwood Retreat and Eco Tours Limited operates
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the site. By using the site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name and contact details and visa details.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that is for businesses that may contact users via email (email
newsletters) or other methods.
The security of your Persona
l Information is important to us, but remember that no method of
transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.