This post is also available in: German
Driftwood Retreat Exclusive Accommodation
Stay in our architecturally designed Marlborough retreat accommodation. A two bedroom eco cottage set in peaceful surroundings, yet only 10 minutes drive from Blenheim’s restaurants and 20 minutes from Marlborough's wineries.
Take a wander around the wetland, river and nearby nature reserve. See our farm animals such as alpaca, sheep and chickens.
We have designed the retreat accommodation with authentic New Zealand touches such as 'manuka' handrails echoing the early musterers’ huts, a stag-horn coat rack, and wooden doors on rollers salvaged from a local woolshed.
The optional breakfast is healthy, plentiful and home-made or locally grown as much as possible. Will’s famous muffins, Mark and Leah’s wholesome bread and locally grown seasonal fruit are some of the treats on offer. Please let us know in advance of you want breakfast. Enjoy quality linen during your stay and if you need anything else during your stay in the guest house we’re just next door.
NZ$250 per individual or couple per night.
NZ$100 per extra person per night. Children under 16 years old $50 per night. Children under 3 years old free of charge.
Two bedrooms with one queen bed and one split super king bed. Super king can be made up as two singles by prior arrangement. One bathroom.
- Two bedroom unit is exclusively yours. No sharing. Private, independent living.
- One bathroom with bowl sink, contoured shower, gas hot water & heated towel rail. Ceiling heater and extractor fan.
- Complimentary 'Eco Store' ecological toiletries.
- Free Wifi.
- TV free relaxation.
- Compact stereo with i-pod dock and lots of books and board games.
- Microwave, mini fridge and barbecue, lots of new kitchen utensils and crockery. No stove, we will do your dishes for you.
- Cleaning products used are chosen to be kind to the environment where ever possible.
- Electric fan provided, insect screens on windows.
- Deck with outdoor table and chairs.
- Close to wetland walk and alpacas.
- Catch and release trout fishing at our door.
- 10 minutes from town's shops and restaurants, 25 minutes from Marlborough Sounds and Marlborough's wine trail & airport.
- Trees, birds and a rural setting.
- Suggestions on things to do in Marlborough and the top of the South Island.
- Tour options such as kayaking and high country.
- Optional continental style breakfast.
“The bed and pillows were so comfy. Beautiful ceiling to floor windows, and so peaceful.”
Elizabeth, Brisbane, Australia.