Frequently Asked Questions, Day Tour.
What happens if the weather is not suitable on the day?
If we decide that the weather is not suitable for touring on the day, we will contact you before the tour departure time to postpone, cancel or offer an alternative. If the tour is cancelled by us and you have pre- paid we will reimburse you in full.
How fit do I have to be?
We customise our tour to your fitness and interests.
What clothing and foot wear will I need to bring?
• Walking shoes or boots.
• Warm wind jacket in case the weather changes.
• Thermal layers if the weather is cool, particularly in the months April to November inclusive.
• Sun hat and sun block in the summer months of December through to March inclusive.
• Camera, a day back pack are optional extras.
What will you supply?
• Hiking sticks.
• Drinking water.
• Lunch and hot beverages such as tea and coffee.
• Reference books for bird identification.
• Folding chairs for relaxation.
• A backpack.
What is the picnic you supply?
• Homemade muffins such as oatmeal and date.
• Homemade cake such as apple and walnut spice cake.
• Homemade bacon and egg pie, iconic Kiwi picnic fare.
• A soft bread (Scottish bap) filled with cheese, tomato, basil and ham.
Please note we can cater for food allergies and dislikes, please give us 24 hours notice.
I have a medical or physical disability, will this affect my ability to take this tour?
Check with your GP first, then give us a call. If we are are comfortable with taking you out on tour after this, we will discuss your issue with you in detail so we can tailor your tour for your maximum enjoyment and safety.
Will there be sand-flies or mosquitoes?
Very unlikely, we have bug repellent if they do appear.
I'm a single person on my own, can I take the tour?
Yes, we will discuss with you a one person rate.