10 hot links for traveling to New Zealand.
Traveling to New Zealand? Planning your holiday is half the fun!
Here are ten useful hyperlinks to make your holiday in New Zealand smooth and memorable.
1. The official New Zealand visitor website http://www.newzealand.com/
Loaded with travel information, you can search regions, tours and accommodation.
2. The Department of Conservation website http://www.doc.govt.nz/
A beautiful website with great information about hiking tracks and huts.
3. The New Zealand weather website http://www.metservice.com/national/home
New Zealanders are obsessed with the weather, so you can ask a local or click on this link. Remember that if you change from one coast to the other you can have the best weather up and down the country!
4. AccuWeather.com http://www.accuweather.com/en/nz/new-zealand-weather
Our Swiss friends had long discussion at the breakfast table every morning before they packed for New Zealand. To bring shorts or not! Click here to see average temperatures in New Zealand at any time of year.
5. Jet Star economy air travel http://www.jetstar.com/nz/en/home
Jet Star have started economy travel within New Zealand, definitely worth checking out their website for deals.
6. Blue Bridge Inter Island Ferry Service http://www.bluebridge.co.nz/
Sail from Wellington to Picton one of the two ferry services and see the stunning Marlborough Sounds! If you are a fair weather sailor you might prefer to fly, it takes only 20 minutes.
7. Kiwi Rail scenic train travel http://www.kiwirailscenic.co.nz/
My favorite way to travel from Blenheim to Christchurch is on the train. They have lovely new carriages with big viewing windows and you can buy a Kapiti ice cream in transit. Don’t miss the romance!
8. VroomVroomVroom helps you compare car rental prices https://www.vroomvroomvroom.co.nz/
9. New Zealand road report website http://www.nzta.govt.nz/traffic
New Zealand roads can sometimes be closed over winter months, this website keeps you up to date with the latest road conditions.
10. AA time and distance calculator http://www.aatravel.co.nz/main/time-distance-calculator.php
Allow double the time you think to get from place to place.
A. You will want to stop and take photos at every corner because New Zealand has such a varied and dramatic landscape
B. New Zealand have a beautiful landscape and them means that the roads have alot of bend, the roads are well maintained but there are not many multi lane fast highways.
C. Getting there is half the fun.
And a final tip we have learnt from our guests, stay at least two nights at each place you want to explore. That give you a full day to enjoy the sights and wonders.